The Wissahickon Educational Opportunities Foundation in conjunction with the Home and School Associations at each school providing funding for innovative educational programs through Learning Grants. Funded programs support highly engaging instruction, activities, and experiences for the students of our district.
Both organizations consider grants submitted by Wissahickon administrators, teachers, counselors, coaches and class/activity sponsors and use similar criteria. As such, WEOF and our Home and School Associations have developed a common application to streamline the grant application and approval process.
Driven by a common mission to support ongoing educational opportunities, these organizations' fund raising efforts have resulted in dozens of new and expanded diverse programs and projects.
For grant-related questions, please contact Katie Meyer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants Awarded for 2019-2020 School year
In the 2019-2020 school year, the Wissahickon Educational Opportunities Foundation (WEOF) supported the Wissahickon School District with more than $80,000 in funding to expand or enhance programs in our school community.
- $65,000 fundraising initiative for stage lighting upgrade in the Wissahickon High School Auditorium
- $5,000 corporate grant for STEM equipment in the Wissahickon High School Fab Lab
- $3,498 EITC grant for tuition for six high school students to attend dual enrollment courses
- $2,500 grant for broadcasting equipment and subscription for Wissahickon High School Athletics
- $2,400 grant for in performing arts assemblies at Wissahickon High School and Shady Grove Elementary
- $1,300 grant for Cublets Sets at Blue Bell Elementary School
- $1,000 grant for student books at Shady Grove Elementary
- $650 in Makey Makey STEM Kits for the Makerspace in Wissahickon Middle School
- $500 scholarship for one graduating student in the Class of 2020